Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Denver Stock Show 2011




We are finally home and getting things back to "normal" around here, after our trip to Denver. It was great to go and see the show, it had been quite a few years since I had been there. Not much had changed really, but it was a different experience than what I had when I was in my twenties. I admit that I had quite a few good laughs while having lunch in the Yard Bar ... thinking of how much fun us Canadian girls had "back then".





It has been quite awhile since I have had the chance to sit down and watch a whole show, and I really enjoyed it. I thought Wes Hudson did a really nice job of explaining his placing's, and it was interesting to hear his thoughts. In particular, I thought he really looked for moderate, well balanced cattle, who moved out well, had a lot of fore rib and came into their front end nicely. I took a few short videos (which I will post once I get the new video camera figured out !) ... and when I played them back and listened to his reasons again ... you could really hear him express those qualities in a number of his comments. Of course that was just my own take on the day ... I am sure there are others who have a different take on the show.





There were a couple of classes on the Female day that were just awesome ! I was really impressed by the capacity, volume and femininity in the horned females ... would have loved to be able to just take a couple of those classes home with me. Brost's bulls looked really good on show day .... especially their 2 year old bull GHC-TABOO COALITION 52U ... it was just a pleasure to see a bull of that maturity move out so well. He was the Polled Senior Champion Bull ... and it brought a little excitement to the show for us to see a "neighbor" do so well there.





Until I get this video thing figured out .... thought I would post the pic's of the Champions for those of you who haven't seen them yet. Anyone else have some thoughts to share about Denver this year ????





Jen





2011 National Western Results Champions










H W4 MARIAH 0103 ET


DOB: 4/2/2010


SIRE: GOLDEN OAK OUTCROSS 18U
REGISTRATION: 43091169
BRED BY: HOFFMAN - W4 LLC, THEDFORD, NE


OWNED BY: CLAYTON SCHMITT, ULYSSES, NE







DELHAWK KAHUNA 1009 ET





DOB: 1/17/2010


SIRE: CH ENUFF PROPHET 2913
REGISTRATION: 43104099
BRED BY: DELHAWK CATTLE, EARLVILLE, IL
OWNED BY: DELHAWK CATTLE, EARLVILLE, IL


HAPP HEREFORDS, MENDOTA, IL










STAR KKH SSF MIRROR IMAGE 286W



DOB: 3/8/2009 SIRE: MSU TCF TITLEIST 2T ET
REGISTRATION: 42974676
BRED BY: STAR LAKE CATTLE RANCH, SKIATOOK, OK
OWNED BY: MALLORIE PHELPS, GRANDVIEW, TX







STAR TCF SHOCK & AWE 158W ET


DOB: 2/5/2009 SIRE: STAR BRIGHT FUTURE 533P ET
REGISTRATION: 42971547
BRED BY: STAR LAKE CATTLE RANCH, SKIATOOK, OK
OWNED BY: STAR LAKE CATTLE RANCH, SKIATOOK, OK
T C F & COMPANY, PETOSKEY, MI
TENNESSEE RIVER MUSIC INC, FORT PAYNE, AL
PAUL A BATES DBA BUFFALO BEND FARM, LAWRENCEBURG, TN


Reserves (you can view the results and their pic's here )










No comments:

Post a Comment